Guest checkout for PayPal allows your customers to pay via PayPal in your store without signing in to an account. You can set up guest checkout for Standard or Express Checkout.
To enable guest checkout in PayPal:
- Sign in to your PayPal account
- Click Seller Preferences on the right.
- Click Update next to Website Preferences.
- Select On under PayPal Account Optional.
- Click Save.
Note: If you are unable to see this setting in your PayPal account, please contact your local PayPal organization and ask them to enable it for you.
If your customers are unable to use the Guest Checkout option, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect email address: Your customer entered an incorrect email address or an email address that PayPal was unable to verify.
- Location is not supported: The ability to allow customers to pay via PayPal through guest checkout is determined by your local PayPal organization’s security and risk management policies.
- Fraud prevention measures: PayPal has fraud prevention measures in effect for all transactions and therefore, in some cases, PayPal might prevent a customer from using the guest checkout if they feel that the transaction poses a certain risk.